The CAHPS Home and Community Based Services
Survey Data Submission System
Take a moment to create a new account.
- 2021 CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey Data Use Agreement Data Use Agreement (PDF, 3,197 KB)
Welcome to the CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey Data Submission System. The CAHPS Database is the repository for data from the CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey, the CAHPS Health Plan Survey and the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey.
The Home and Community Based Services Survey Data Submission period is open August 8 – August 26, 2022.
Participation in the CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey Database is open to all home and community based care settings, provided the questionnaires are administered independently and survey data is submitted according to CAHPS specifications. The CAHPS Database will be accepting all survey data collected during July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2021.
The CAHPS Database supports the versions of the following questionnaires:
- CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey 1.0
- CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey 1.0 with the Employment Module Item Set
The following steps are necessary to participate in the CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey Submission System:
Data Use Agreement: Each participating organization is required to sign a Data Use Agreement and upload a copy of the DUA (PDF, 3,197 KB) onto the submission site. Please do not email or fax the DUA.
Registration: New users must complete an online registration form. After completing the form users will receive an email with a link to activate the account.
CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Questionnaire: Upload a copy of the Home and Community Based Services questionnaire administered. The CAHPS Database will review the submitted questionnaire, and then users will receive an approval/rejection email.
Home and Community Based Services Information: The requested characteristics, including the name of the program, program identification number, survey type (HCBS or HCBS with Employment Module) and program State.
Home and Community Based Services Data File: Data files submitted to the CAHPS Database must conform to the 2021 Data File Specifications (PDF, 606 KB).
Approval Process: Each questionnaire, data use agreement and data file is reviewed by the CAHPS Database. The review process can take up to 3 business days.
Help: For technical assistance please contact the CAHPS Database:
OMB Control No.: 0935-0245 Expiration 10/31/2022
System Use Notification
This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring.
By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct HHS business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.