The CAHPS Child Hospital Survey Data Submission System
Take a moment to create a new account.
Participation in the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey Database is open to hospitals that administer the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey, provided the questionnaires are administered in a manner consistent with CAHPS guidance and the survey data are submitted according to CAHPS specifications.
The Database accepts data from the English and Spanish versions of this survey. Data from independently translated surveys in other languages cannot be submitted.
Learn about the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey.
Data submission is now closed.
Key Dates for 2024
- Data submission period: March 11 – April 12, 2024
- Survey administration period: Between January 1 and December 31, 2023
Learn about the benefits of participating in the Child Hospital Survey Database (PDF, 185KB).
To be notified about future submission periods, please sign up for email updates from AHRQ.
How to Participate in the Child Hospital Survey Database
Organizations that want to participate in the Child Hospital Survey Database must take the following five steps during the data submission window.
- Register for an account: New participants (or their vendors) must complete a registration form. The CAHPS Database staff will review your request and send you an email with the information needed to access the data submission system.
- Enter hospital information: This information includes the name of the hospital, the Medicare Provider ID or CCN, and state.
- Upload a Data Use Agreement (DUA): Sign and upload a copy of the DUA (PDF, 808KB) into the submission system. Please do not email or fax the DUA.
- Upload the CAHPS questionnaire: Provide a copy of the survey instrument administered by your organization. CAHPS Database staff will review the submitted questionnaire and send you an approval/rejection email.
- Recommendation: Send your questionnaire to the Database staff for review prior to data collection to ensure compatibility with the database.
- When the questionnaire has been approved, upload the CAHPS data file in CSV format. The data file must conform to the Data File Specifications (PDF, 175KB). CAHPS Database staff will review the submitted data file(s) and send you an approval/rejection email.
Approval Process: Every questionnaire, data use agreement, and data file is reviewed by the CAHPS Database staff. Each step of the review process can take up to 3 business days.
Help: For technical assistance, please contact the CAHPS Database staff:
OMB Control No.: 0935-0243 Expiration Date: 10/31/2025
System Use Notification
This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring.
By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct HHS business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.