CAHPS® Health Plan Survey Database
The CAHPS Health Plan Survey Database contains results for the Medicaid Survey submitted by various sponsors, including public employers, State Medicaid agencies, State Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), and individual health plans, as well as Medicare Survey results provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. This database has been operational since 1998.
- Review aggregated data for the past two years.
- Review Chartbooks dating back to 2013.
- Read about submitting data from the CAHPS Health Plan Survey.
What is the CAHPS Health Plan Survey?
The CAHPS Health Plan Surveys asks enrollees about their recent experiences with health plans and their services. This standardized survey was designed to support consumers in assessing the performance of health plans and choosing the plans that best meet their needs. Health plans can also use the survey results to identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas for improvement.
The CAHPS Database collects and reports only the core instruments for the 5.0 and 5.1 Medicaid Surveys at this time. Version 4.0 of the Health Plan Surveys is no longer collected or reported by the CAHPS Database.
Learn more about the Health Plan Survey.Review the core instruments:
- Adult Medicaid Survey 5.0 (PDF, 291 KB)
- Child Medicaid Survey 5.0 (PDF, 370 KB)
- Adult Medicaid Survey 5.1 (PDF, 264 KB)
- Child Medicaid Survey 5.1 (PDF, 269 KB)
2020 Reporting Documents
- How Results are Calculated (PDF, 294KB)