CAHPS® Health Plan Survey Database
The CAHPS Health Plan Survey Database contains results for the Medicaid Survey submitted by various sponsors, including public employers, State Medicaid agencies, State Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), and individual health plans, as well as Medicare Survey results provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. This database has been operational since 1998.
- Review aggregated data for the past two years.
- Review Chartbooks dating back to 2013.
- Read about submitting data from the CAHPS Health Plan Survey.
What is the CAHPS Health Plan Survey?
The CAHPS Health Plan Surveys asks enrollees about their recent experiences with health plans and their services. This standardized survey was designed to support consumers in assessing the performance of health plans and choosing the plans that best meet their needs. Health plans can also use the survey results to identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas for improvement.
The CAHPS Database collects and reports only the core instruments for the Medicaid Survey 5.0 at this time. Version 4.0 of the Health Plan Survey is no longer collected or reported by the CAHPS Database.
Learn more about the Health Plan Survey.Review the core instruments:
2019 Reporting Documents
- Overview of the CAHPS Health Plan Survey Database (PDF, 230 KB)
- Composition of the CAHPS Health Plan Survey Database: 1998-2019 (PDF, 792 KB)
- Survey Respondents by State: 2018 and 2019 (PDF, 816 KB)
- CAHPS Health Plan Survey Methodology (PDF, 304KB)
- Definition of Composites and Rating Items (PDF, 168 KB)
- Definition of Regions (PDF, 145KB)
- How Results are Calculated (PDF, 278KB)