CAHPS® Home and Community Based Services Survey
The CAHPS Home and Community Based Services Survey (HCBS-CAHPS) assesses beneficiaries' experiences receiving long-term services and supports. Survey results can be used to:
- Raise general awareness about the home and community based care experience
- Diagnose and assess the current status of patient experience and programs
- Identify strengths and opportunities for patient experience improvement
- Examine trends in home and community based patient experience over time
- Evaluate the impact of patient experience improvement initiatives and interventions
The current version of the Home and Community Based Services Survey is 1.0. Learn more about the Home and Community Based Services Survey.
Register Now for AHRQ-CMS Webcast “Introducing a New Database for Users of the CAHPS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS CAHPS) Survey”
October 2, 2-3 p.m. ET
Registration is now open for a Webcast about a new database for CAHPS Home and Community Based Services (HCBS CAHPS) Survey users. Speakers will review the HCBS CAHPS Survey and describe the benefits and steps involved in participating. The database will display results by state and HCBS program types and will be free and open to all states on a voluntary basis. Data submission opens in early 2020.
The database is a joint project between the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Caren Ginsberg, Ph.D., Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD
- Melanie Brown, Ph.D., Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Baltimore MD
- Kerry Lida, Ph.D., Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Baltimore, MD
- John Rauch, Westat, Rockville, MD
For questions or comments, contact CAHPS Database Technical Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.